Does a successful career to you mean facing challenges, delivering results and being rewarded? Should it be in an atmosphere that values your individuality?
Tarseam offers all the challenge, opportunity and growth you're looking for in a casual, yet fast-paced, work environment. We believe that the passion of our team worker is our strength and this is what drives us towards outstanding performance.
If you'd like to be part of our team referencing the type of position you are seeking submit your resume and cover letter, include salary requirements and three (3) business references by email to the attention of Sena -
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking here to fill out the candidates form.
Tarseam is an equal opportunity employer and we thank you for your interest in our organization.
|Information Technology (IT) positions
||Apparel industry positions
Administrative Assistant - Marketing Department
Buyer and Product Development Manager - Vancouver , BC
Offshore production coordinator
|Web Designer/Graphic Designer – part-time
A part-time Web Designer/Graphic Designer to provide professional graphic design functions for a wide variety of projects such as brochures, catalogs, posters, and websites. We are looking for an individual with a solid interest in advertising, promotion, and publications.
Formulates concepts, content and identity including logos, mast heads, etc., based upon assessment of client needs. Design creative, cost effective solutions for websites, provide alternative designs to clients and information on techniques of production, paper and ink colors, project specifications, graphic content, and media requirements.
Designs, edits, proofreads, prepares layouts and formats printed materials including publications, brochures, flyers, newsletters, banners, display panels and charts, utilizing appropriate equipment and/or software, Makes stylistic structural, factual and grammatical corrections. Orders licensed materials.
Maintains, modifies and updates and existing website utilizing an editor or HTML. Keeps website current, determines sources of and compiles information for updates and input, Assists in website design, editing, and developing content of site. Identifies, evaluates and solves website problems. Tests and evaluates web pages for accuracy and functionality. Updates links as needed.
Develops cost estimates, printing specifications and schedules, Carries projects through to completion. Coordinates price quotes, proof viewing, and production schedules. Ensures print deadlines are met and finished project complies with job request and
Develops internal departmental procedures and standards to ensure consistency with Tarseam website and desktop publishing guidelines.
Investigates, tests, evaluates and recommends technological upgrades, software and equipment.
Scans material. Maintains image quality and resolution. Corrects digital scans for color, contrast and density. Uses software to enhance, manipulate, resize, or retouch digital files for publication.
Establishes and maintains paper and database files of past materials, illustrations, graphics and contacts.
Performs related administrative duties such as coordinating unit publications, billing/accounting functions and creating pricing lists.
Skills & Abilities:
Graphic design and production layout principles, concepts, and methods.
Graphic art techniques.
Graphic layout and photographic requirements and procedures.
Creative and interpretive analysis of different art forms theory, principles and techniques.
Communication concepts, methods and techniques.
Printing and production requirements, processes, and procedures.
Time management principles, practices and techniques.
Strong inter-personal skills are required.
Must be able to hand code clean HTML and also possess strong Macromedia Dreamweaver skills; also have graphic design skills with the ability to use Photoshop, Illustrator or Corel Draw, and Flash.
Creatively design and layout publication project work.
Meet demanding project deadlines.
Standard office environment, regular exposure to video terminal displays; no major sources of discomfort.
You will be responsible for inquiry response, generating and qualifying leads-sales opportunities, systematic data management, and execution of designated outbound sales campaigns.Act as central point for all inquiries and responses from Marketing efforts. Follow-up on inquiries in timely fashion and within 24 to 48 hour maximum time period Qualify inquiries and develop leads/sales opportunities by determining need, budget, who has authority to purchase, and anticipated timing for purchase decision. Profile sales opportunities with required information for effective sales team follow-up. Pass sales opportunities to appropriate sales team members. Update database and tracks inquiries and sales opportunities for analysis and ROI considerations. Conducts designated outbound sales campaigns. Achieve assigned sales budget and call frequency. Minimum of Associates degree, with Bachelors degree preferred. Must have 1 to 3 years of outbound telemarketing or telesales experience or strong retail sales experience, preferably in technology or service industries. Gerber Scientific International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer EOE M/F/D/V
|Administrative Assistant - Marketing Department
On an as-needed/occasional basis, reporting to the marketing director and collaborating with the graphic designer, architectural staff, and consultants; assist with the production of marketing materials and systems for the firm. Activities will involve collecting, writing, sharing, and organizing information for proposals, brochures and a marketing database.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to manage deadlines under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to write professional correspondence
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to act as a point person for office issues and liaison for principals
- Understanding of document control procedures (paper & digital)
- Able to solve problems independently, respond proactively and prioritize
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Post-secondary degree
Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.( Quark and Corel preferred) Professional services firm background desired
|Buyer and Product Development Manager - Vancouver , BC
Experienced Buyer and Product Development Manager for several high profile clients in the fashion industry. Reporting to Senior Merchandise Managers you will research, direct and visually merchandise key product categories. With a strong sense of fashion and market awareness, you will assist in the selection of lines to carry and most effective ways of merchandising them.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Managing inventory systems to review overall merchandise plans and monitor sales to update inventory status and ensure timely replenishment
- Must have proven track record in building and maintaining vendor relationships
- Basic understanding of production processes and computer literacy
- Research, identify and anticipate fashions and trends in the industry
- Strong flair for fashion and visual merchandising
- Analyze problems, formulate logical solutions and take action to implement them
- Co-operate within a team environment
- Focus and multi-task in a fast moving retail\wholesale environment
This is a high energy position which requires an individual to take initiative and run with it, but most importantly, one who has excellent interpersonal skills and has the ability to be a strong team player. To be successful in this highly paced team environment you must have a minimum of 1 year pattern making experience, complimented by a Fashion Design Degree . The ideal candidate must possess strong computer skills and in particular have proven pattern making CAD experience. Working with an accomplished design and pattern maker team.
-Must speak fluent English and be customer service oriented.
-Good computer skills required
Our client in West Vancouver is currently seeking a sample maker with Industrial Sewing Machine experience
- Specializing Sample Making
- 8 or more years experience in Men’s and/or Women’s apparel industry or in tailoring
- Ability to sew sample garments of complicated construction and higher quality
- Understanding of all aspects of garment construction
- Strong oral and written skills in English
|SALES REPRESENTATIVE – WESTERN CANADA , VANCOUVER, B.C.
Our client in West Vancouver is currently seeking a dynamic sales representative for BC, MN, AB, SK who will:
- be responsible for expanding sales and achieving budgeted targets in assigned regions
- develop sales in the area and work with an already existing customer base
The ideal candidate will report to the Sales Director of the divisions.
The successful candidate:
- has at least five (5) years experience selling in the retail industry and apparel manufacturing sector
- is a highly organized and results oriented person with high energy
- is committed to outstanding customer service
- has a highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- has background experience selling to corporate and medium-sized customers
- has the ability to be creative and « think outside the box »
- has the ability to overcome challenges and be solutions-oriented
- has the desire to excel and succeed
- has a record of achievement and innovation in sales and marketing (this is essential)
Rewards of this Vancouver based position include competitive compensation and the opportunity to make a significant contribution in a dynamic and highly successful organization. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Coordinate and oversee MEC contracted factories throughout pre production, production, and post production.
- Perform quality control inspections at MEC contracted factories.
- Oversee and control all MEC materials utilized in production process.
- Communicate, report, and administrate production activity.
- Review and approve specifications and samples to production status.
- Continually develop technical product knowledge and expertise.
- Investigate/review potential new business sources.
- High school diploma plus post secondary certificate or degree program.
- Minimum two years experience in garment production.
- Strong knowledge/background in garment construction.
- Well-rounded quality and service orientation.
- Detail-oriented, effective at problem solving.
- Well-developed organization/coordination and time management skills.
- Excellent judgement, tact, diplomacy.
- Able to work effectively both independently and in a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Working knowledge in Windows environment (Word, Excel), experience with product data and production management systems considered an asset.
Experienced Offshore Production Coordinator to assist with the communications to and quality of offshore manufacturers. Using your offshore manufacturing experience, you will review and evaluate pre-production samples and production samples from Offshore Vendors to ensure all products meet our specifications as detailed by the Offshore Design Coordinator. Additionally you will communicate the specs and styling requirements to the vendors, and make sure they are being followed through to bulk production. Your understanding of country specific policies, practices and procedures will help you analyze and manage the production and costing processes in order to achieve the best price possible and identify potential problems. The ideal candidate’s strong negotiation and interpersonal skills will also build and maintain relationships with the offshore manufacturers.
- Minimum 3 years experience in coordination and planning/analysis in a manufacturing environment in sport apparel and textiles
- Knowledge of field and offshore manufacturers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Chinese language capabilities a plus
- Able to adapt to changing business needs and requirements as it impacts sourcing decisions
- Excellent organizational, research and analytical skills
- Strong initiative, follow-through and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Participate in early product requirements definition
- Translate product requirements into a bestof-breed user interface design
- Iterate on designs based on the results of usability testing and customer walkthroughs
- Help to define long-term user experience strategy
- Contribute to a culture of innovation and teamwork.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science or related field
- At least 5 years professional design experience
- Ability to understand complex design problems and generate ideas to solve
- Ability to translate ideas into tangible design
- Solid understanding of rich clients and their capabilities/limitations.
- Ability to document GUI designs using UML.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
This is a contract position.
Solid experience in the clothing industry, ideally as a project manager or in a position requiring strong communication skills.
- Tracking the competition’s progress (“technology watch”).
- Forming bonds with expert users in companies to diversify knowledge of the field.
- Proposing original and innovative functionalities based on the needs of the clothing industry.
- Working with the R&D Coordinator to harmonize artefacts and requirements.
- Compiling the specification artefacts (glossary, use cases, additional specifications) and maintaining the required base.
- Supervising external beta testing.
- Ability to understand our clients’ problems and find optimal solutions that distinguish us from the competition.
- Very good communication skills.
- Familiarity with the clothing industry – in particular, everything related to the creation of a pattern, the placement of pieces, as well as the plotting and cutting of the placement.
- A University degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent;
- Mastery of C++ object-oriented programming;
- Solid experience in the analysis, design and programming of information systems, as well as in project management;
- Solid knowledge of mathematics, algorithms and 2D geometry;
- Development experience in Windows or Macintosh environments;
- The ability to develop using Windows and Macintosh;
- Mastery of the English language.
Eexperienced Programmer Analyst to contribute to the development of its
Parametric Pattern Design and Automatic Marker applications (prototyping, analysis, design, programming and testing).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering or equivalent; environments;
- Three years experience in object-oriented design;
- Five years experience working with C++ programming or another object-oriented language;
- Very good knowledge of UML;
- Familiarity with the Rational Unified Process;
- Mastery of the English language.
- Other Assets: Advanced understanding of geometry and 2D computer graphics, understanding of generic programming, experience with API Qt.
Ability to use patterns,
Experience in analysis and project management,
Understanding of generic programming,
Advanced understanding of geometry and 2D computer graphics,
Experience with API Qt.
Testing of CAD/CAM software.
Providing feedback for the development of new features and applications.
- DEC in fashion design or similar studies.
- Able to communicate in spoken and written French and English.
- Min 5 years experience in Pattern Design and Marker Making.
- Knowledge of apparel cad systems is an asset.
|Marketing Communication Specialist
Far West Industries Inc is a design, marketing and wholesaler of well established brands of outerwear and sportswear and is seeking a Marketing Assistant
Your activities will include:
- Create marketing communications (i.e. brochures, leaflets, booklets, product sheets, kits, hand tags, direct mail materials, advertisements, web content etc.)
- identify market trends and new opportunities.
- Assist in Product launch initiatives. Research and analyze customer input and feedback in product development and launches
- Plan all aspects of consumer and trade shows including space requirements, show inventory, shipping, work schedules and promotions.
- Create and maintain all aspects of advertising (magazine, television, etc), including layouts, pricing, rotations and soliciting.
- Track co-op dollar and utilization with vendors.
- Plan P.O.P. items for sales & dealer distribution and booking programs.
- Develop and track annual dealer surveys.
- Responsible for competitor analysis and tracking
- Electronic marketing will include database maintenance, Web and the integration of E-marketing tools for product launches
- Post Secondary education degree in Marketing & Communications, or related field.
- 3+ years experience in a marketing setting. Knowledge of apparel industry would be an asset.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Superior computer literacy including spreadsheet modeling and database management.
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiar with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Adobe Acrobat Pro, Illustrator. (An understanding of graphics and design software would be an asset)
- Organized, able to multi-task and have strong time-management skills
Our candidate will work directly with our designer, sourcing fabric and trims managing sample fabric processes. They must be able to create garment specifications and create and maintain a sample database. They should be familiar with costing and have experience in working with factories to obtain price quotes. Our MA must be able to visualize a finished product and understand the concept of design and balance. A positive upbeat personality is important as is being able to work as part of a team.
- Degree from a recognized Design school
- Minimum of two years extensive experience with Adobe Illustrator, Excel, and Word
- Experience with Visual2000 would be a plus
- Minimum of 5 years experience within the Garment industry
- Excellent working knowledge of garment construction and production construction
- Must have experience sourcing raw materials and trims
- Experience with fabric arts and fabric production would be an asset
|Senior Project Manager/ Software Architect
Duration:Three (3) Months
Location: Vancouver : British Columbia , Canada
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager/ Software Architect. This contract is slated to begin immediately and will last for three (3) months.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
-- Experienced architect that is well versed in Project Management and software development deployment;
-- Large enterprise software roll out methodology experience in the private or public sector;
-- Demonstrated leadership skills while managing teams.
If your skills match, don't miss out on this great opportunity. Apply on-line today! We thank everyone for their interest but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
|Software Architect / Designer
We are currently looking for a Software Architect/Designer
In this role, you will be responsible for software design and development for our parametric cad system and draw online.
• Design and implement software architecture using C++
• Mentor junior team members in the application of test driven design and extreme programming methodologies
• Be responsible for reporting project milestones
• Hands on development using the C++ and the .NET framework
• 5 years experience in a similar role
• Bachelor/Masters of Computer Science
• Understanding of object oriented architecture and design
• Demonstrated experience with C++ programming
• Experience with Extreme Programming
• Experience with ATL
• Experience using NUnit and Test Driven Development
• Demonstrated experience with .NET framework
Please note that this is a 3 month contract.
If you are qualified for this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest. However, please note that only the most qualified will be contacted